Do you work in a consultancy, business or public sector organization, applying O.R. or analytics to help your organization or its customers operate better?
Are you keen to share your experiences, learn from, and build networks with, other practitioners across Europe and globally?
Then “Making an Impact” is for you.
“Making an Impact” includes a wide variety of sessions aimed at helping practitioners to do a better job. It is organized by the EURO Working Group on Practice of OR, the network for O.R. practitioners in industry, consultancy, government and beyond (for more information about the Working Group, see here).
It will be packed with opportunities to:
- Explore the challenges every practitioner faces, and share solutions
- Try out new techniques – are they any good for you
- See case studies showcasing important applications
- Exchange ideas and expertise with people in similar fields
- Meet leading academics and discover what they can do for you – and what you can do for them
- Build your network amongst like-minded professionals
Sessions being planned include:
- interactive workshops, tutorials and panel discussions
- one-to-one mentoring
- speed networking
- careers exposition
- presentations on “OR in Industry” and “software”
We are preparing all the activitivies and sessions of the Making an Impact (MAI) initiative. Please, sit tight while we unfold the programme. For previous experiences, visit the MAI page of the EURO 2016 Conference in Poznan here.
If you wish to submit a proposal for a workshop or tutorial, to volunteer your services as a mentor, or simply to keep in touch as we develop the programme, please contact the MAI EURO 2018 initiative at firstname.lastname@example.org.